Friday, April 10, 2009

Back to school....

Sorry I have been non-existant in this blog. I have been taking a break from making beads since I started back to college. I have been working on my pre-reqs for nursing school. I have always thought about becoming a nurse and I finally decided to go for it. I decided to go for it because the economy is bad and I often worry about my husband losing his job. I figure if I have a job I enjoy and pays well, I won't have to worry anymore. I tried to make beads into a living but I realized that if I am forced to make beads then it won't be fun anymore. I want to enjoy making art and the part of it making a profit being a fringe benefit not something that is forced and must be relied on. This terrible economy has opened my eyes in many ways. Also, if I work as a nurse, I can work three twelve hour days and then spend my days off making beads. The only thing that troubles me about being a nurse is all the science courses I have to take. Science has never been my strong point but I think I am up for the challenge. I will make more beads eventually. I want to work on some murrini roses since I bought the tutorial the other day.

No comments: