Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Failed attempt of fumed implosion.

So I tried to fume a clear boro rod with silver leaf. I even put on the uncomfortable respirator. It didn't work, the silver leaf just burnt off. All I fumed were a bunch of bubbles. I think I am going to find a silver dollar laying around the house and cut a piece off of it. Maybe that will work better. I think the pendant is better shaped than the last one but it does have a punty mark and some dullness on the front of the pendant. I tried to make the bail without the mandrel but I was unsuccessful at doing that. So I made the bail with the mandrel and of course the bead release cracked and flaked off as usual. I bought fosterfire smooth and tuff and it is not working for me. I am going to order some bucket of mud bead release. It supposedly doesn't crack and flake with high heat, I guess we will see.

No comments: