Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to bead a day or a marble a day!

I have been gone for a few days from this poor blog. I was sculpting and I got asked to do a painting commission. :) I originally planned to sculpt and paint throughout the day and then torch at night but that doesn't seem to be happening. I start a clay sculpture during the day and then I just can't seem to put it down until it is done. I know I probably sound like a bad mother saying this, but I can't wait until my 3.5 year old starts school. I can't wait to have time totally to myself where I can do what I want during the day. Right now the only time I have time to myself is to stay up until 3am. I know this sounds selfish but it is just how I feel. I couldn't even imagine having another baby and having to start all over. I feel bad about this but my son is going to have to be an only child just like I was. There are just too many things I want to do with my art so I do not have the time or patience to have another child. I see people in the stores with 2 or more kids and I just don't know how they do it. Also, I still haven't totally lost the weight I gained when I had Sebastian so I couldn't imagine putting even more on. Oh well.

So from here on out I am going to try and post something of glass that I made each day. It may be a bead, marble, or sculpture but I will make sure it will be here. I also want to start making youtube movies for beginning flameworkers. I know I am a severe newbie and still have imperfect and wonky beads but I think I have mastered just the plain bead. They come out absolutely perfect, it isn't till I decorate or encase them that the wonkiness comes in.

The following bead was an attempt of one of Corina's step by step beads out of her Passing the Flame book, a favorite by the way. I highly recommend this book to any beginning lampworker. :) The bead didn't come out like hers which is what usually happens when I try to do her step by steps. I added some rubino oro dots to make it look at least a little cool. :)


No comments: