Friday, October 21, 2011

Well, here it is October and I am back to melting glass...

One night I went to work at Target and decided that I was fed up with it. On a whim and without even telling my husband, I put in my 2 weeks notice. Yes, we needed the income but working 4 nights a week, including every Saturday, was really getting to me and the human resource witch refused to let me change my availability. She even had the nerve to change it without even asking me. It only amounted to about $800 a month in income. It was a joke, It wasn't helping me toward my goal of being a nurse. Luckily, I applied at a hospital and I got a job as a patient companion so I will be working to help my career as a nurse. I don't start the new job until November 7th so until then I will be working on some beads. I am so done with working for retail jobs and I don't recommend it to anyone. They treat you like a day laborer warm body and they only give you single digit raises for working your butt off and walking around during the day like zombies because you work every night and never get any sleep. I don't understand how people can stay there for so long, it just isn't worth it.

So, now onto beads. I decided to try some different beads, not just slider/big-hole beads, but tube beads, baking soda beads and some spacers here and there. Since I can make my own schedule at the hospital, I will be making beads more regularly and don't plan to stop for long periods of time like I have in the past.

No comments: