Monday, November 10, 2008

My New Workspace....

I spent the weekend making this "Barley" box. I made it from wood, stainless steel sheets, and metal tape. I tested out my Phantom inside of it and it works perfectly, even the outer fire. It seems to pass the smoke test even though my nose was kind of stuffy. I want to eventually replace the flexible ducting with rigid ducting, I want to put a permanent propane connection into the house using rigid piping, and I want to add a fresh air duct running from my basement bathroom to my workbench. My Blastshield will probably get here on Wednesday or Thursday. I love my new box, no one helped me with it, no male help, I did it all by myself. I sawed all the wood with the miter saw, nailed/glued it together and I attached all the sheet metal. It may not be perfect but I made it and I am proud of it. :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's very impressive! Did you have a design/plan that you followed?

Happy torching!

msteeleart said...

Thank you Robin. No I did not following any plans, I just measured and built it. Near the end I got really tired of building it. :)