Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I thought I was gonna make beads tonight...

but once again it is cold as hell outside and torching requires makeup air. I really need to run some ducting to underneath my workbench so I don't have to feel the cold air. Of course by the time I am able to afford the ducting it will be spring, you can't win. I will have to run ducting all the way from the bathroom in the basement to my workbench. I think it is probably 30 feet. I could do that or I could simply move to southern California. I would love that but would probably have to live in a shack with their rent prices. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, my ducting comes in through the window from outside - its wrapped with insulation. Just a thought if that might be easier. The only thing is to make sure the intake is far enough away from the exhaust. I empathise with you on the cold temps, this winter has been much colder than last so far. I hate it when that's the reason for no torching. You can see mine here http://fireseed.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/vent.jpg

Everwild said...

I feel for ya. It's freakin' cold here, too, and the basement heater just chugs and churns, barely keeping up. We don't even get the really cold weather like you, but being from California, I'm definitely sissy-lala! Rent depends on where you want to live in Cali. It can be pretty cheap out near Death Valley (waaaaaarm, too). :)

Hang in there!