Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome to My Blog!

I've decided to make a separate blog for my lampworking, pendant making and jewelry making in general. :) Unfortunately, I am currently working with a hothead torch. I know many people love their hothead and some bead artists make such beautiful beads with a hothead but it just doesn't work for me. I bought some Lauscha and Vetrofond clear because I was getting scummy swirlies all the time when working with Moretti clear. Maybe I was holding it too close or something but it is so irritating. The Lauscha works great but unfortunately I bought stringers. I bought some Vetrofond clear rods and they are so stiff and hard to melt with the hothead so I can't get the bead shaped properly because it just takes so long. So in turn I end up with a bead that looks like the following, it started out beautiful for me but then when I encased it with clear it ended up deformed. :( Why is my oxygen concentrator taking so damn long to get here, I ordered it on June 18th and still no oxycon. My mega minor torch sits down there waiting to be used.



1 comment:

Susan said...

Man, if I only knew then what I know now. I used to work for a home health care company in the 80's and we would take old O2 concentrators to the flea market and practically give them away. I've never worked with O2, only MAPP gas and the Hothead. Is there a lot of difference??